C2A Security’s CEO, Roy Fridman, was a recent guest on Kyle McNulty’s Secure Venture’s podcast to discuss the challenges of electric vehicle technology and the role of cybersecurity in enabling electric vehicle adoption. Listen now
Highlights of the episode included the following:
- Why safety and security is such a critical requirement for electric vehicles
- Why security is a key requirement to enable electric vehicle adoption
- How regulation, such as the ISO 21434 and R155 WP29, is driving the industry to take cybersecurity more seriously and build a real operational cybersecurity management system
- The impact of the Biden-Harris National Electric Vehicles Infrastracture (NEVI) Program on the industry
- The pragmatic approach of continuous testing of millions and millions of tests that repeat themselves and randomize in order to address the complexity of electric vehicles
- Why DevSecOps for the product of the vehicle and its components is different from IoT
During the podcast, Roy delved further into C2A Security’s goal of streamlining and automating cybersecurity processes, helping OEMs reduce cost and time-to-deployment. Roy and Kyle also discussed the importance of identifying vulnerabilities in the industry and the need to be ready to deal with them.
Roy further explained that since the charging station infrastructure is so critical in terms of potential risk – managing the vehicle’s energy source as well as the personal information of its owners – it needs to be one of the main focuses for identifying risk and keeping electric vehicles secure.